Subscribe to Raider Review Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook

Rachel Kaliff Reaching Success in Leaps and Bounds

Jaida Barnes , Staff Writer
May 22, 2013
Filed under Sports

Rachel Kaliff is a senior at Enfield High School who played basketball during the fall season and runs track during the spring season. Rachel recently got awarded at the CIAC she represented Enfield High School. It’s no surprise  that she had the honor to receive an award because the girl is good! Rachel is one of the captains on the track and field team and she competes in many events.  All around Kaliff is a good athlete.

When Rachel was asked how she feels about representing EHS as the scholar athlete for the CIAC her response was “I am very much honored to receive this award. I am very proud to represent my school.”

Rachel has participated in a couple of sports. What got her so interested in sports? “Sports have been my life since 2nd grade. I love the competition of it and how much of a family the team becomes,” Rachel says.  Sports wise Rachel says once she leaves high school the next step is hopefully playing basketball and running track at Springfield College.

Rachel’s secret to her success is her commitment to the sport that she participates in.  “I am very dedicated with what I do. I set high goals for myself and push myself everyday to get better.”

During Rachel’s high school sports career she’s worked hard and accomplished a lot. Her biggest accomplishment she says is being a part of the girl’s basketball team and helping to turn the whole program around. Rachel is an important aspect to the track team she trying to give important feedback to her team mates and if any problems surface amongst the team she is right there to mediate the problem.

Living up to her own high expectations, Rachel won triple jump with 33 feet 5 1/2 inches at the 2013 NCCC Track and Field Championship Meet held on May 21st at Coventry High School.  Up next, she will be competing in the Class M Championships on Wednesday, May 29th at Willowbrook Park in New Britain. That just goes to show hard work and dedication does pay off.

Comments

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!